I am here to encourage you to ring in the New Year with a Remove, Reboot, and Rebuild button. Instead of focusing on resolutions that never really reap positive results, try instead to look at different ways to achieve your goals. For example, the standard most common resolution that we hear over and over is the desire to shed weight. This is a huge goal especially when there is no clear plan or steps in place.
As a naturopath, I always try to remind clients that health comes first. If they followed the steps that it takes to be healthy, they will never really have to think about their weight
Here are my top 5 tips to reaching your goals or for navigating a new you in 2023:
1) REMOVE all temptations from your kitchen. If you want to be healthier and lose some weight, it is necessary to NOT bring into the house those items that tempt you and are certainly not healthy. Some examples are refined sugars and flour in the form of cookies, cakes, cereals, breads etc. and carbonated beverages. If any of these products have a long list of items on their labels, you know for sure that they are toxic. If you received boxes of cookies and chocolates as holiday gifts, do not fool yourself into thinking that you will be feeding them to guests. They will be gone before you know it .
I do hear clients say that this would be a problem with their partners and children. Yes, this can be a problem, but they should not be eating “FOODLESS FOOD” either. What you can do if removal is not an option is find a space for the “bad sugary stuff” which becomes their space only. Setting an example may help move them over to your side.
2) REMOVE the scale from your home. There is nothing more depressing and illogical than weighing yourself daily. This practice proves nothing. You can easily tell how you feel the way your clothes fit. If you feel bloated and sluggish, there is no point in jumping on the scale. This is simply another bad habit that needs to go. Besides, the scale has no idea the size of your limbs, head etc.
3) Reboot your days by changing your pattern. For example, if you work from home and tend to put on the same cozy leisure wear, the morning is not the time. Get dressed as if you were going into a meeting. This will help you take some breaks through the day and stay more focused. Go out, take a few quick walks, stay alert, and feel more energized as opposed to aloof and lazy.
4) REBUILD your body by making a point of waking a bit earlier…even if it is 15 minutes. Find a space in your home that becomes your alone time and set your intentions for the day and maybe do a few mobility exercises. This would be an important step instead of walking into the kitchen, grabbing your coffee and checking your phone. What would be even better is going outside first, breathing in fresh air and taking in some rays (climate allowing).
5) REBUILD your body by planning ahead. If your fridge is organized for a healthy day of eating, this can make all the difference. Load your kitchen with fruits and vegetables, seeds for snacks, nut butters, herbal teas (instead of coffee). Cut the fruits up the night before and be ready to go in the morning. Never go to the grocery store hungry as you will allow marketing to get the better of you and encourage the wrong purchases.
The post new year – remove, reboot, and rebuild appeared first on Total Gym Pulse.